California users: Click here to see our Privacy Information for California Residents.
- Information We Collect and their Sources
- Purposes For Which We Use Information
- How We Share and Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Information
- Your Choices Regarding the Sharing of your Information
- Your Communication Choices
- Changing or Removing your Information and Closing your Account
- Collection of Information from Children
- How We Protect Information
- Links to other Websites
- Privacy Information for California Residents
- Privacy Information for Nevada Residents
- Contact Us
1. Information We Collect and their Sources
How we collect and store information depends on the Services you use and the activities in which you participate. You can use some of the Site and Services without providing any information other than that automatically collected as described below.
Visitors who access and browse the Site without registering are “Site Visitors.” In order to utilize some of the Services offered by iamculturd.com, you must register with iamculturedhealth.com. All users who register with iamculturedhealth.com are “Registered Users.”
A. Information you provide
Regardless of whether you are a Site Visitor or a Registered User, all information that you provide to us when registering, posting a search request, posting a profile, communicating through the Site, discussing services options over the phone, utilizing our mobile applications or that you otherwise provide on the Site or by phone, email, postal mail or otherwise, will be stored by us. You represent and warrant to us that you have the right and authority to provide us all information you provide about yourself or others. You may provide us with information in various ways, including:
1. When registering
When you register directly through Iamculturedhealth.com, we will collect and store the information you provide on our online registration forms. This may include, among other information, your:
- first and last name
- email address
- home address
- phone number
[Some users may have the opportunity to register with Iamculturedhealth.com by connecting through Facebook’s or Google’s application programming interface (API). Please see Section I.B.4 below to learn about the information we access, collect and store if you register with Iamculturedhealth.com through Facebook or Google.
If you register for a Service that requires you to pay a fee, Iamculturedhealth.com will also collect your payment method details, such as account number, expiration date, and security code, as well as your billing address, for payment purposes and your birthday, if not previously provided.
2. When posting a search request
If you are a Service Seeker, we collect and store all of the additional information that you provide to us on your search request or that is otherwise included. This may include, among other information:
- the type of services and cultural context needs you are looking for, your schedule, location, requirements for a Service Provider
- pictures you choose to provide
- health information, if you choose to provide it
- any other information you choose to include in your search request
3. When posting a profile
If you are a Service Provider, we collect and store all of the additional information that you provide to us in your profile. This may include, among other information:
- details on the services you offer, including for example the type of services you provide, your availability, your location, your level of education, languages you speak, cultural competencies, your ability to drive
- related services you provide
- pictures you choose to post
- your phone numbers
- references, if you choose to provide them
- any other information you choose to include in your profile
4. By telephone
Both Site Visitors and Registered Users may provide information to cultured health when they contact Customer Service or utilize certain Services cultured health may offer by telephone. For example, if you call cultured health to discuss service options over the phone, we will collect and store all of the information you chose to provide to us, including but not limited to financial information, information about the services you or your loved one needs, health information about you or the loved one you seek services for, your contact information, etc. If you provide information about someone other than yourself, you represent that you have authority to do so.
5. Otherwise through the Site or by telephone, email, postal mail or chat
Certain Registered Users may provide additional information on the Site through other Site features and offerings such as our online communication platforms, and groups and payment platforms. In some cases, Site Visitors may have the ability to provide us information through the Site, such as contact information. In addition, both Registered Users and Site Visitors may choose to provide information by phone, email, postal mail, or chat. We collect and store all of the information you provide us through these channels. Moreover, if you provide information about someone other than yourself through any of these channels, you represent that you have authority to do so.
B. Information provided by others
1. By Site Visitors, Registered Users and others
cultured health also captures and collects information that Site Visitors, Registered Users and others provide about one another. For example, Service Providers may invite Site Visitors, Registered Users or others to rate and indicate their relationship to the Service Provider on the Site. Additionally, certain Registered Users may post reviews about individual Service Providers. cultured health may also obtain and post audio recordings of Service Provider references, which may also be accessed from the Site. In addition, certain Registered Users may communicate directly with one another through cultured health platforms. Site Visitors, Registered Users and others also may provide us information about Registered Users by phone, email or postal mail. cultured health captures and stores all information it receives from Site Visitors, Registered Users and others about other Registered Users and Site Visitors.
2. By third parties to verify your information and representations
3. By third parties that perform background checks
4. By Facebook or Google if you connect to iamculturd.com through Facebook or Google
- your name
- your profile picture
- your email address
- your gender
- your birthday
- your location (i.e. city)
- the names and pictures of your Facebook friends or Google contacts
- your interests and affinity networks
- other information you make publicly available via Facebook or Google
5. By service providers you use in connection with our Services
If you engage a service provider through Iamculturd.com, such as a payments processor, that service provider may provide us with information about you or your loved ones, such as information relating to your transactions with the service provider.
6. By other sources
C. Information you expressly authorize us to collect
We may from time to time request permission to collect certain information from or about you. For example, if you use a Iamculturedhealth.com mobile application, we may request permission to access information about the contacts listed in your mobile device phone book when you initiate an address book search for friends who have downloaded the application. We may also request permission to access and store your location (e.g., your precise GPS-based functionality on the mobile devices used to access the Site and Services). If you grant your permission, we will access and/or store such information unless you subsequently opt out by adjusting the settings in your mobile device. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
D. Automatically collected information
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Site and Services as described in this section below.
1. Log files, IP addresses and information about your computer and mobile device
When you visit the Site, cultured health receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the internet), your computer operating system, the type of web browser you are using, and browser language. If you are using a mobile device, cultured health may also receive unique device identifiers and other information about your mobile or other device(s), and mobile operating system. We may correlate this information with other information we have about you. We may also automatically collect information related to the ways in which you interact with the Site and the Services, such as referring and exit pages, URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed (including ads viewed) and the order of such views, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you use the Services, error logs, and other similar information.
2. Cookies and other technologies
3. Online analytics and advertising
When you visit our Site or open one of our emails, we may allow authorized third parties, such as ad servers, ad agencies, ad exchanges, ad technology vendors, and research firms, to place or recognize a unique cookie, pixel, and/or similar technologies on your browser in order to provide you relevant Iamculturedhealth.com advertisements as you surf the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to you based on information these authorized third parties know or infer about you and include in the cookies placed on your browser, and/or on information about your Internet browsing activities gathered through your browser. If you prefer not to receive these online behavioral advertisements, you may opt-out here. In order for the opt-out to work, your browser must be set to accept third party cookies. Furthermore, if you buy a new computer or mobile device, change web browsers or delete the opt-out cookie, you will need to perform the opt-out task again. Please note that if you opt-out you may continue to receive Iamculturedhealth.com advertisements as you surf the Internet, including contextual ads based on the content on a webpage you are visiting. However, these advertisements will not be displayed based on information contained in, or collected by, cookies or other technologies placed on your browser when you visit our Site or open our emails.
We also use Google Analytics to measure Site usage and improve our visitor experience. The relevant data is provided to us by Google in the aggregate (i.e., individual users are not identified) and allows us to better understand our Site audience. The Google Analytics features implemented by us allow us (i) to evaluate and generate reports on certain demographic, behavioral, and interest metrics of users collected by Google, and (ii) to create advertising remarketing audiences and campaigns based on such metrics, which may be segmented into aggregated groups.
Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings form at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
4. Social media features and widgets
2. Purposes For Which We Use Information
In general, the information we collect is used for our business purposes: (1) to improve our Services and enhance your experience with Iamculturedhealth.com, (2) to enable us to provide a safer community for all of our Registered Users, and (3) to help us communicate with you. For example, we may use your information to:
- register and service your account;
- include in Service Seeker profiles/search requests, and Service Provider profiles;
- contact you in response to questions and solicit feedback and input from you;
- notify you about new features of the Services, special events, or products, services, and special offers, or other information that we believe will be of interest to you via email, SMS messages, or other media or networks;
- administer sweepstakes and contests;
- enable Service Seekers with each other and with Service Providers to search based on the information the other has made available on the Site, and information others have provided about them;
- connect Service Seekers with Service Providers that appear to meet their needs and preferences;
- enable Registered Users to search for, find, interact, connect and share information with other Registered Users they may have an interest in interacting with;
- enable Registered Users who connect to Iamculturedhealth.com through Facebook or Google to see which of their Facebook friends or Google contacts who have connected to Iamculturd.com through Facebook or Google are Registered Users or friends with other Registered Users who have connected to Iamculturedhealth.com through Facebook or Google;
- perform analytics and research aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services;
- generate and review reports and data about our user base and usage patterns, including to improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
- otherwise help protect the safety and integrity of the Site and Iamculturedhealth.com users; and
- personalize promotional messages or content on the Site, via email or other ads on Iamculturedhealth.com or third-party sites.
3. How We Share and Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Information
In addition to using the information collected by cultured health for the purposes described above, we may also share your information with various third parties, as described below. Please review our sharing policy closely. By using our Site or our Services, you agree to allow us to share the information you provide to us in the ways described below. Your ability to make changes to what information is shared is described below in Section IV.
1. With All Site Visitors and Registered Users
If you are a Service Seeker or a Service Provider, in order to increase your chances of finding a provider with the services you need, we share with Site Visitors and Registered Users the information that is included in your search request or profile, aside from your contact information, as well as the following registration information, which we may include in your search request or profile: your first name, first initial of your last name, city, state, profile picture, and if you are a Service Provider, your gender and, unless you opt-out, your age. With certain exceptions, you choose how much detail you want to include in either your search request or your profile. We may also share on your profile or search request any company reviews you have posted on our Site, whether you have connected to Iamculturedhealth.com through Facebook or Google, and any connections you have with other Iamculturedhealth.com members, including the nature of those connections. If you are a Service Provider and have elected to verify certain information with Iamculturedhealth.com or to have a background check performed, we may also disclose that information in your profile as a Registered User in addition to your response rate and any payment or payroll preferences you have indicated.
If you post information in an Iamculturedhealth.com online group forum, that information may be viewed by any Site Visitor or Registered User who accesses the forum.
We may display personal testimonials of Registered Users and other endorsements on our Site or in other marketing materials. These testimonials or endorsements may include information such as the Registered User’s first name, first initial of last name, town and state. With a Registered User’s consent, we may include their full name.
2. With other Registered Users and corporate providers
In addition to the information that is provided to all Registered Users and Site Visitors, Service Provider reviews and references are made available to certain Registered Users. If you are a Service Provider, your phone number may be visible to certain Registered Users if you elect to share it in your profile. In addition, your approximate residential location (through Google map plotting) is made available to certain Registered Users and Site Visitors unless you elect to keep that information confidential.
If you are a Service Seeker or a Service Provider, you will appear in search result listings if you match the search criteria used by a Service Provider or Service Seeker, as applicable. Similarly, you may appear in emails sent to Service Providers or Service Seekers in your area. Service Seekers may opt-out of being included in Service Provider search results and in certain emails sent to Service Providers. In addition, if you are a Service Seeker and you view the profile of certain Service Providers, those Service Providers will be able to see that you have viewed their profiles unless you opt-out of that information sharing.
If you are a Registered User, your Iamculturedhealth.com online status may be made available to other Registered Users unless you elect to keep that information confidential.
If you connect to Iamculturedhealth.com through Facebook or Google, we may allow any of your Facebook friends or Google contacts who have connected to Iamculturedhealth.com through Facebook or Google to see that you are a Registered User. In addition, other Registered Users who have connected to Iamculturedhealth.com through Facebook or Google will be able to see if you are friends with any of their Facebook friends or Google contacts or if you share certain affinities or interests with them.
If we terminate your registration for any reason, we reserve the right to send a notice of your termination to other Registered Users with whom we believe you have corresponded.
3. With vendors/service providers
We also share information with vendors with whom we have a contractual relationship and who perform services for cultured health including, without limitation, vendors who provide email, demographic information, or geo-location information services, vendors who perform background checks or Preliminary Membership Screens, vendors who process or accept credit card payments, vendors who run classified advertising businesses, vendors who send SMS messages to Registered Users’ mobile phone numbers, vendors who provide services that enable us and other third parties to detect and prevent fraud, in each case to the extent applicable. In certain cases (such as for vendors who help facilitate our online communication services or provide fraud detection and prevention services), the information we share may include the contents of written and audio messages you send through our online communication platforms.
4. With listings in and through Google and other public search engines, social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Google+), and on other third party websites)
In an effort to further facilitate the ability of Service Seekers or Service Providers to find a service provider, selected information contained in Service Seeker search requests and Service Provider profiles, which may include photo, first name, first initial of last name, city, state, and search/provider description, may also be shared with third party search engines, social media sites, and other third party websites or vendors who run classified advertising and other businesses, and thus may be listed in third party web site search results and on third party websites, which would make that information available to the public and allow them to link to your Iamculturedhealth.com posting. Registered Users can opt-out of this sharing by adjusting their account settings. If you post information in a Iamculturedhealth.com online group forum, your content, including your name as the contributor, may be displayed in third party search engine results and available to the public.
5. With Facebook or Google if you connect to Iamculturd.com through Facebook or Google
If you connect to Iamculturd.com through Facebook’s or Google’s API, you may elect to post certain of your activities on Iamculturedhealth.com back to your Facebook or Google account. You will be prompted to decide whether or not to share those Iamculturedhealth.com activities back to your Facebook or Google account.
6. As required by law or for reasons of safety
7. With our affiliates
You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose any of the information we’ve collected about you to any of our affiliates or subsidiaries for the purposes of providing you with the Services, operating the Site, soliciting you for potential employment opportunities with those affiliates or subsidiaries, and our other commercial purposes, including those of our affiliates and subsidiaries.
8. With Your Consent
We also may share your information with a third party if you consent to the sharing.
9. Background Checks
cultured health may offer various background check services from consumer reporting agencies. A Service Provider can authorize a Motor Vehicle Records Check, Criminal Records Check, Criminal+ MVR Check, or an Investigative Criminal Plus check in response to a request by a Service Seeker who is considering hiring him or her. If you authorize a background check to be run on you in response to a request by a Service Seeker who is considering hiring you, the results of the check will be shared directly with the Service Seeker. If you are a Registered User who has requested a background check through Iamculturedhealth.com, a statement may be included in your profile to confirm that you have completed that check. The service provider who completes the background check may also send the results to you by email or postal mail. You acknowledge that sensitive material may be included in your background check, and that you are responsible for providing us and our service provider (if applicable) with correct information.
Through certain pages of the Site, cultured health may from time to time offer to individuals who may or may not be Registered Users the opportunity to purchase Investigative Criminal or Investigative Criminal Plus background checks on service providers who may or may not be Registered Users. If you authorize an Investigative Criminal or Investigative Criminal Plus Check to be run on you in response to such a request, the results of the check will be shared directly with the requester. If you are a Registered User of the Site and have requested such a background check, a statement may be included in your profile to confirm that you have completed that check. However, we will not share the check or results with any other Site Visitor or Registered User unless you specifically consent. The service provider who completes the background check may send the results to you by email or postal mail.
10. Business transactions
4. Your Choices Regarding the Sharing of your Personal Information
Registered Users have control over what optional information they choose to share with us when utilizing our Services (such as pictures, certain details in a job description or profile, etc.).
In addition, Registered Users have the following opt out choices with respect to the sharing of their information, which they can manage via their account settings:
- Registered Users can opt out of having their Iamculturedhealth.com online status visible to other Registered Users who are on Iamculturd.com.
- Registered Users can opt out of sharing message read receipts with other Registered Users.
- Registered Users can opt out of having information contained in their search request or service provider profiles shared with other Registered Users and third party web sites to be listed in third party search engine results such as Google.
- Registered Users who have connected to Iamculturedhealth.com through Facebook or Google may subsequently opt out of having certain of their Facebook or Google information shared with Iamculturedhealth.com and certain of their Iamculturedhealth.com information shared with Facebook or Google by disabling Facebook Connect or relevant Google setting in their account settings.
- Registered Users who have opted into receiving text message alerts notifying them of account related events can opt out of receiving those text messages.
- Service Providers can opt out of having their approximate residential location (through Google map plotting) visible to Registered Users.
- Service Providers can choose whether or not to allow Service Seekers to initiate video calls with them.
- Service Providers can opt out of having their age visible to Registered Users.
- Service Seekers can opt out of appearing in Service Provider search results and in certain Service Provider emails to not allow Service Providers to initiate contact with them. They can also opt out of allowing Service Providers see that they have viewed the Service Providers’ profiles.
- Users of a Iamculturedhealth.com mobile application, who have given cultured health permission to access certain information from their mobile device such as their location or contacts, may subsequently opt out of that information sharing by adjusting the settings in their mobile device.
Your opt out preferences will take effect within 10 days of receipt of your request.
5. Your Communication Choices
By becoming a Registered User, you are consenting to receive certain email communications from us, such as special offers, tips and advice, notifications of new Service Seekers or Service Providers in your area, customer surveys and administrative notices.
You may also opt-out of receiving unsolicited marketing calls from us regarding your Iamculturedhealth.com account by adjusting your settings in your account settings.
If you have opted in to receive SMS messages from us but would now like to opt out, you may do so by adjusting your settings in your account settings.
If you are a Service Seeker, certain Service Providers may initiate contact with you directly using the messaging features of the Iamculturedhealth.com Site. You have an option at any time to stop permitting Service Providers from initiating contact with you by adjusting your settings in your account settings.
6. Changing or Removing your Personal Information and Closing your Account
You can update certain of your information by logging into your account and accessing your account settings. If you would like to remove some of the information you have posted on the Site, such as information you posted in profiles and search requests, you may do so by editing or deleting that item in your Edit Profile area.
If you no longer wish to participate in our Services, you may close your account directly through your account settings.
If you close your Iamculturd.com account, we will remove your name and other contact and identifiable information from our publicly viewable database. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain information related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, de-identified information, account recovery, auditing our records, enforcing our rights and obligations under our agreements, or if required by law. cultured health may also retain and use your information if necessary to provide the Services to other Registered Users. For example, just as an email you may send to another person through an email service provider resides in that person’s inbox even after you delete it from your sent files or close your account, emails you send through Iamculturedhealth.com to other Users, as well as your contributions to Iamculturedhealth.com groups, may remain visible to others after you have closed your account. Similarly, other information you have shared with others, or that others have copied, may also remain visible. cultured health disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information, or any obligation not to delete the information. cultured health does not control when search engines update their search index or cache, which may contain certain job posts, profiles or other information that have since been removed from cultured health’s Site.
7. Collection of Information from Children
cultured health’s Site and Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 18. Moreover, if we become aware that we have collected personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 18, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as practicable.
8. How We Protect Information
We have implemented a variety of administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration of your information. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of information that we collect, process, and store and the current state of technology.
9. Links to Other Websites
11. Privacy Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
Categories of personal information we collect.
Throughout this Policy, we discuss in detail the specific pieces of personal information we collect from and about our users. Under the CCPA, we are also required to provide you with the “categories” of personal information we collect as defined by California law. The categories we collect depending on the types of services you use are:
- identifiers (such as name, address, email address);
- commercial information (such as transaction data);
- financial data (such as payment method details and billing address);
- internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or usage information);
- geolocation information (e.g., your approximate location based on IP address, or precise location with your consent);
- inference data about you (e.g., the additional services or advertising we think would be of most interest to you based on your interactions with us);
- professional or employment-related data (e.g., if you are a Service Provider, your references and employment history);
- education information (e.g., if you are a Service Provider, your level of education);
- legally protected classifications (such as gender or information obtained from a background check, where applicable);
- physical characteristics or description (e.g., photos you choose to upload to your search request or profile);
- sensory or visual information
- medical information; and
- other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you (e.g., registration and log-in information).
Please note that specific pieces of your personal information may belong to more than one of the above referenced categories.
How we source, use, and share these categories of personal information.
We source, use, and share with third parties the categories of personal information we collect from and about you consistent with the various business and operational purposes we discuss throughout this Policy and for the business and operational purposes of our service providers in accordance with the CCPA. See the “Information We Collect And their Sources”, “Purposes For Which We Use Information” and “How We Share and Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Information” section(s) above for more information.
Please note that the CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information to third parties. We do not engage in such activity and have not engaged in such activity in the past twelve months from the effective date of this Policy.
CCPA Rights Disclosure.
If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you (or an authorized agent acting on your behalf) to make certain requests related to your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we share/disclose personal information. Such information is also set forth in this Policy.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
- Delete certain personal information we have about you.
- Provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights. Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Services to you. We also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request. In doing so, we may use one or more of the following methods: (i) using your login credentials to verify you (it being understood that we may also ask you to reauthenticate yourself), or (ii) matching two or more data points provided by you with data points maintained by us. If we are unable to verify you through the foregoing methods, we shall have the right, but not the obligation, to request additional information from you. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under California law or would like to exercise any of them, or if you are an authorized agent making a request on a user’s behalf, please contact us at email@example.com.
Shine the Light Disclosure
The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
12. Privacy Information for Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration (as such terms are defined under Nevada law) to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. If you are a Nevada resident and you have purchased services or products from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request.
13. Contact Us